Admin users have the ability to configure their Course Enrolment Settings via the Enrolment Preferences. These preferences range from what tabs will be available on the Enrolment Wizard when enrolling students into the course, to setting the visibility of what enrolment settings should be available for students who are studying the qualification. This article will cover where to navigate in your system to find the Enrolment Preferences and then summarise what each preference actually does to your Course Settings.
- Navigating to your Enrolment Preferences
- Enrolment Settings
- Enrolment Wizard Settings
- Partner Settings
- Display Settings
Navigating to your Enrolment Preferences
There are three different access points to the Enrolment Preferences: System level, Program level and Course level. The hierarchy is that the System level preferences will determine the default Program level preferences, and then the Program level preferences will determine the default Course level preferences. The Course level preferences are what actually get applied at the end of the day.
- System level Enrolment Preferences:
- Navigate to Administration → Configuration → Preferences.
- From the left-hand menu, click on Enrolment.
- You should find yourself at the System level Enrolment Preferences.
- Program level Enrolment Preferences:
- Navigate to Administration → Curriculum → Program.
- From the list that you are presented, find and click on the Program that you are wanting to change the Enrolment Preferences for.
- From the left-hand menu, click on Enrolment Preferences.
- You should find yourself at the Program level Enrolment Preferences.
- Course level Enrolment Preferences:
- Navigate to Courses → Course List.
- From the list that you are presented, find and click on the Course that you are wanting to change the Enrolment Preferences for.
- From the left-hand menu, navigate to Admin → Enrolment Preferences.
- You should find yourself at the Course level Enrolment Preferences. As mentioned, this is the level that will govern what settings finally get applied.
The Enrolment Settings are shown below, with an explanation of the functionality behind each setting.
- Decouple same Activities/Elements in multiple Units - When enabled, if you have multiple units against an enrolment that share the same Activity/Element, these Activities/Elements will be treated separately. This would then allow for the option to grade the same element twice, but under different units.
- Inherit Subject Dates from Units - When enabled, the Subject Start and End dates will be calculated based on the earliest start date and the latest end date respectively, of the clustered units.
- Allow Enrolments - If this flag is enabled, this triggers an additional flag to show up in the Course Details, also called "Allow Enrolments". This toggle at the Course Details page is what enables the user to toggle incoming enrolments off and on.
- Restrict Certification/Ratification updates - When enabled, only administrator and academic managers user roles are able to update unit of competency score, outcome and certification/ratification details against an enrolment.
- Set Unit Outcome and Start Date on First Attendance - If you have a unit linked with an event, this setting will automatically set the start date of that unit to the date of the event, once the first attendance has been marked. As well as this, you can set up a default outcome to also be set once the attendance is marked. For example; once the attendance is marked for an event, you can set the default outcome for all students who attended the event to "Continuing Enrolment - 70" to indicate that they have begun their training.
Enrolment Wizard Settings
The Enrolment Wizard Settings are shown below, with an explanation of the functionality behind each setting.
- Academic Period Selection on Enrolment Wizards - If your system has Academic Periods enabled under System Preferences, and there is an Academic Period set up at the Program level, then this setting will allow the option to select Academic Periods for students, during the Enrolment Wizard.
- Allow no payment - If your Course is set up with Payment Options, then having this setting enabled will allow you to bypass the Payment screen of the Enrolment Wizard. If this is not enabled, you must select a Payment Option for the student/s.
- Allow re-enrolment - This option allows admin staff to re-enrol a student into the same Course. For example; if a student was initially enrolled but then withdrew, you could re-enrol them into the same Course at a later date if they decide to re-take the course again.
- Allow re-enrolment into Units - Similar to the above, this setting allows you to re-enrol a student into a Unit of Competency multiple times if required.
- Collect AVETMISS details - This allows admin users to input student AVETMISS information during the Enrolment Wizard, via the "AVETMISS" tab.
- Collect electives - This allows admin users to configure the student's Electives during the Enrolment Wizard via the "Electives" tab for bulk enrolments, or via the "Units" tab for individual enrolments.
- Collect employment details - This allows admin users to configure the student's Employer during the Enrolment Wizard via the "Company" tab. This allows you to set the primary employer/host employer/school.
- Collect payment options - This allows admin users to add financials against the enrolment via the "Payment" tab of the Enrolment Wizard. This will draw from the Payment Options that have been configured at the Course level.
- Collect unit outcomes - This allows admin users to pre-configure a student's unit outcomes during the Enrolment Wizard, via the "Outcomes" tab of the Enrolment Wizard. This can prove useful when assigning Credit Transfer outcomes to a student prior to finalising their enrolment.
- Course details - This setting has two potential options:
- Customise for each student: If chosen, this allows the user to customise the enrolment details of the student via the "Enrolment" tab of the Enrolment Wizard. For Example; if the course has been set up with a funded contract, but a student is paying outright as a fee for service enrolment, having this setting enabled allows the admin to remove the contract during the Enrolment Wizard and adjust the Funding Source information accordingly.
- Use course settings: If this option is selected, then the "Enrolment" tab of the Enrolment Wizard is locked and cannot be modified. All Enrolment details will be inherited from the Course Details page.
- Default enrolment status - Whatever gets set here, defines what the default Enrolment Status will be when enrolling a student via the Enrolment Wizard. The available options are all the Enrolment Statuses that have been set up in your database.
- Default Start Date to Created Date on Enrolment Wizard - Enabling this setting will default the Enrolment Start Date to the date that the enrolment is actually being created. If this setting is disabled, then the default behaviour will be to inherit the Course Start Date instead.
- Default Unit Outcome - This is a setting that is blank by default, but you have the option to set an outcome that will by default, be set against every Unit that the student is being enrolled onto. The available options will pull from whatever Outcome Type is set up from the Course Details page.
- Enrol onto events - Having this setting enabled will make the "Scheduling" tab available from the Enrolment Wizard. From the Scheduling tab, you have the option to enrol the student onto Course Events or Event Series'.
- Generate Target End Date from Total No. of Weeks - Enabling this setting will toggle the appearance of a new field called "Total Number of Weeks" under the "Course Details" section of the Enrolment tab during the Enrolment Wizard. Instead of manually setting a Target End Date for the student, you will now enter the amount of weeks that the enrolment will be studying for, and this will then auto-calculate the Target End Date as "Start Date + ((Total Number of Weeks * 7) - 3)". This setting is intended as an alternative for orgnaisations that deliver in the international space.
- Ignore all 'RTO' Validations on Enrolment Wizard - For Courses that are not delivering a VET curriculum, this setting can be enabled to hide all RTO validations that may not apply, during the Enrolment Wizard.
- Invoice Party Provider - This setting is only required if you are running multiple Providers on the same site. By enabling this, any invoices generated against enrolments in the Course will be against the Provider that the Course Record was created under.
- Show Unit Fees Selection - If you have set up Unit Fees against your Course, enabling this setting will make the "Fees" tab available during the Enrolment Wizard. The Fees tab will allow you to select individual Unit Fees for the student being enrolled, which may be required if the student is to be invoiced per unit completion.
These options are unique to organisations that utilise Partners within the System. The Partner Settings are shown below, with an explanation of the functionality behind each setting.
- Apply Partner to Enrolment - If a Partner has been configured at the Course level, then they will automatically be added as a Partner at the Enrolment level, against every student that is enrolled under this Course Record.
- Apply Partner to Party -If a Partner has been configured at the Course level, then they will automatically be added as a Partner at the Party level, against every student that is enrolled under this Course Record.
- Apply Partner to Prospect - If a Prospect is created under the Course level, any Partners configured at the Course level will be automatically applied to the Prospect Record.
The Display Settings are shown below, with an explanation of the functionality behind each setting.
- Enable Workforce Details - Enabled a new section under the Enrolment tab of the Enrolment Wizard, called "Workforce Details". This is a section of the Enrolment details where you can record various details relating to the Workforce of the enrolment, such as the Department, Division and Lifestyle of the student.
- Hide Score on Academic Period from Student Portal - If the Outcome Type of the Course is set up to use Range Scoring, this setting will toggle whether the student can see the score of their Academic Periods from the Student Portal. This will not toggle whether the student can see their Outcome or not.
- Hide Score on Units and Elements from Student Portal - If the Outcome Type of the Course is set up to use Range Scoring, this setting will toggle whether the student can see the score of their Units and Elements from the Student Portal. This will not toggle whether the student can see their Outcome or not.
- Hide Transfer Option - There is the ability in our System, to transfer students from one course to another, as long as the Courses were created under the same Program. Enabling this option, prevents admin users from accessing this functionality.
- Select the tabs to display on the Enrolment Details page - These checkboxes act exactly as expected. They will toggle whether the Admin has access to the below tabs of the Enrolment Details during the Enrolment Wizard and from the Enrolment Details page after the enrolment has been finalised:
- Agent: This is where you can assign an agent to the Enrolment.
- Claims/Funding : This is the tab where you can assign a Contract to the enrolment and configure all of their State and National funding details. You may want to disable this tab if you are delivering non-accredited training that is not required to be reported.
- Custom Details: By default, this tab will not contain any data. If however, you have configured your system to show Custom Fields at the Enrolment level, then this is where you can set this information up.
- Fees/Invoicing: This is referring to the "Finance" tab of the Enrolment, which gives an overview of the Invoice Options that have been configured against the Enrolment. The Finance tab also allows for the configuration of Scholarships and Purchase Order information.