Within your system, you have the ability to issue Certificates to students upon program completion. This can range from Qualification Level Certificates to Statement of Attainments. In this article, we will go over the process involved in creating a certificate against a set of students.
How to Create a Certificate for a Set of Students in a Course
To Create a Certificate for a set of students in a course, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Course where you are wanting to generate the certificates for the students.
- From the left-hand menu of the Course, navigate to Certificates.
- You should be presented with the list of all Certificates generated against the course, if any. Click on the + button in the top left-hand corner of the page, to generate some new Certificates.
- First, select the Certificate template from your system, that you want to apply for the set of students.
- Next, select which Students you are wanting to generate the Certificate against. Only those students that meet the template Rules will be available for selection e.g. All Units Completed.
- Click on the Preview button once the students are selected. You will be presented with a mock-up of what the Certificates will look like after clicking the Produce button. This page will also show you how many students you have selected for Certificate generation. Note, this may not be an extremely accurate visual representation since the layout of the template is not taken into account until after production.
- Click the Produce button. This will begin the Certificate Generation process. This may take a little while depending on how many students you have selected.
- You will be presented with a green tick on the process is completed. You have the option to download each certificate as an individual PDF via the Download All button, or alternatively you can click the Single PDF File button to merge all certificates into a single file.
Additionally, Next to the document URL for each student, you also have the ability to do the following:
- Copy URL to the clipboard.
- Download the certificate.
- Open the certificate in a new tab.
- If you navigate back to the Certificates page of the course, you should now find these newly generated documents listed accordingly.
You have now successfully created a certificate for a set of students in a course.
When issuing a certificate to a student of type "Qualification", this will automatically flag the "Qualification Issued" checkbox on their enrolment, as True. Similarly, if you issue the student a certificate of type "Statement of Attainment", this will flag the "Statement Issued" checkbox as True. If the student's enrolment is AVETMISS reportable, these checkboxes govern whether the Certificate will be present in the Program Completed NAT00130 file.