Within your system, you have the ability to issue Certificates to students upon program completion. This can range from Qualification Level Certificates to Statement of Attainments. In this article, we will go over the process involved in creating a certificate against an individual student.
How to Create a Certificate for an Individual Student
To Create a Certificate for an individual student, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Student's Party Record that you want to generate the certificate for.
- From the left-hand menu of the Party Record, navigate to Certificates.
- You will be presented with a list of Certificates (if any) that have been generated for this student. Click on the + button to generate a New Certificate.
- First, select the Certificate template from your system, that you want to apply to the student.
- Next, select which Enrolment you want to generate the certificate for. Only Enrolments that meet the template Rules will be available for selection e.g. All Units Completed.
- Click the Preview button once the enrolment is selected. This will generate a mock-up of what the certificate will look like after clicking the Produce button. Note, this may not be an extremely accurate visual representation since the layout of the template is not taken into account until after production.
- Click the Produce button. Depending on how much data is being imported into the certificate this may take a little while, but you will be presented with a green tick once the process is completed. Next to the document URL, you also have the ability to do the following:
- Copy URL to the clipboard.
- Download the certificate.
- Open the certificate in a new tab.
- If you navigate back to the Certificates page for the student, you should now find the certificate listed accordingly.
You have now successfully created a certificate for an individual student.
When issuing a certificate to a student of type "Qualification", this will automatically flag the "Qualification Issued" checkbox on their enrolment, as True. Similarly, if you issue the student a certificate of type "Statement of Attainment", this will flag the "Statement Issued" checkbox as True. If the student's enrolment is AVETMISS reportable, these checkboxes govern whether the Certificate will be present in the Program Completed NAT00130 file.