Within your system, you have the ability to issue Certificates to students upon program completion. This can range from Qualification Level Certificates to Statement of Attainments. In this article, we will go over the process involved in creating a certificate against an individual student.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to Create a Certificate for an Individual Student
To Create a Certificate for an individual student, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Student's Party Record that you want to generate the certificate for.
- From the left-hand menu of the Party Record, navigate to Certificates.
- You will be presented with a list of Certificates (if any) that have been generated for this student. Click on the + button to generate a New Certificate.
- Select the Certificate template from your system that you want to apply to the student.
- Template: The template that you would like to use for this certificate.
- Recorded Date: This date is used to determine the year that the certificate will be reported in via AVETMISS files.
- Issued Date: The date that the certificate was issued to the student for qualification completion. This is reported in the AVETMISS files as Parchment Issue Date.
- Reportable: Determines if the certificate is reported in the AVETMISS files. Unchecking this box will prevent the certificate from being reported.
- Digital Export Enabled: Checking this box will export the certificate data to an external system if one is present on your site.
- Notes: Text field where you can enter notes for the certificate. Will not affect anything and is used primarily for internal recordkeeping.
- Next, select which Enrolment you want to generate the certificate for. Only Enrolments that meet the template Rules will be available for selection e.g. All Units Completed.
- Click the Preview button once the enrolment is selected. This will generate a mock-up of what the certificate will look like after clicking the Produce button. Note, this may not be an extremely accurate visual representation since the layout of the template is not taken into account until after production.
- Click the Produce button. Depending on how much data is being imported into the certificate this may take a little while, but you will be presented with a green tick once the process is completed. Next to the document URL, you also have the ability to do the following:
- Copy URL to the clipboard.
- Download the certificate.
- Open the certificate in a new tab.
- If you navigate back to the Certificates page for the student, you should now find the certificate listed accordingly.
You have now successfully created a certificate for an individual student.
Please NoteIf the Reportable checkbox is checked when you create the certificate, the certificate will be included in your government reporting.
New Features in Release 5
New functionality has been added to certificates in Release 5.
- You can now revoke a certificate that has been issued to a student
- You can add an expiry date to a certificate
The newly added Revoke Certificate feature can be found in the certificates page for a student. There is a new button next to each certificate listed on this page that will revoke it for the student.
Clicking on this button will bring up a dialog box to confirm if you would like to revoke the certificate. Click on OK to go ahead with revoking the certificate.
Revoking the certificate will prevent it from being reported in your data submitted to the government. The time that the certificate was revoked and the user who revoked it are recorded against the certificate.
If you wish to see revoked certificates, click on the Include revoked certificates checkbox then click on the Search button.
Revoked certificates will be displayed with a grey background, distinguishing them from the other certificates in the student’s record.
Expiry Dates can now be set against a certificate issued to a student. You can select a date on the certificate create page and this will set an Expiry Date for the certificate.
There is also a new field for certificate templates called Expiration Months. Having a number in this field will automatically calculate the Expiry Date field for certificates generated with that template.
The Expiry Date field will be calculated from the Issued Date field. The Expiration Months from the template are automatically added to the Issued Date field to determine the Expiry Date.