The Companies option accesses a central location to search for and review all of your business entity-type records.
Linking employers can be a massive benefit to your data management within your Student Management System – allowing you to manage client-specific courses, set fees and invoicing to each employer and track specific client groups within your reporting/export options.
How to Add a Company
To add a Company, follow these steps:
- Go to Community → Companies → List All. This page will show you a List of Company Records that currently exist in your System.
- Click, + New.
- Complete the Profile window.
- Company Profile Picture - Add the Companies logo here. This field makes it easier to distinguish between the different companies.
- Company Website - Add the Companies Website URL.
- Legal Name - Add the Companies Legal Name, which appears on all official documentation such as Invoices.
- Trading Name - Add the Companies Trading Name. This name is usually their customer-facing identity and the available option when searching for them within the System.
- Industry - This is a customisable dropdown. To customise this dropdown go to the Reference Data Table. This field refers to the industry to which the Company belongs.
- Company Level - This determines whether the Company operates at a Local, State, or National Level.
- Account Owner - This field lets you search for an existing Party Record. The chosen Party will be added as the Companies Primary Contact.
- Company Type - This is a customisable dropdown. To customise this dropdown go to the Reference Data Table. This field refers to the type of Company. For example, Placement Provider, Transport Provider, Employer etc.
- ID - The System will generate this field. It is a unique identifier that allows you to differentiate between filtered or exported data. Once the Company has been created, the System will apply an ID.
- Status - This is a customisable dropdown. To customise this dropdown go to the Reference Data Table. This field refers to the status of the Company. For example, Active, Inactive, Pending, Suspended etc.
- ANZSIC Code - This field is a dropdown list of values from the Australian and NZ Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC) Code. If required, please select the correct ANZSIC Code.
- # of Employees - This field shows the number of employees the Company employs.
- Source - This field is optional and is a customisable dropdown. To customise this dropdown go to the Reference Data Table. This field identifies how the Company came to be associated with your organisation—for example, Google, Social Media, Broker, etc.
- Description - This field lets you add a brief description of the Company and the services they may offer.
- Complete the Email, Phone and Address windows.
Add the Companies Email, Phone, Physical and Postal Address.
- Complete the Properties window.
Where appropriate, you can choose to add Properties to the Company Record.
- Complete the Login Credentials window.
If you are using the Employer Portal, you can assign a set of Login Credentials to the Company Record. To provide an Employer with access, you will need to (a) check the Employer Access box, (2) add a unique Login/Username - we recommend using an email address, and (c) add a temporary Password that they will be required to change upon initial login.
- Complete the Admin window.
- Contact Method - This dropdown list lets you determine how this Company prefers to be contacted. For example, SMS, Mobile, Email etc.
- Private - When checked, the System will hide this Company Record from general view. Only Users with the Access Private Profiles permission enabled will be able to see this record.
- Do Not Market - When checked, the System will exclude this Company Record from the Marketing Reports in Report Builder.
- Exported - When checked, this Company Record will be marked when exported via a Custom Report.
- Click, Save.
You have now added a Company.