The Programs area contains the Full Qualifications, Accredited Skill Sets, and any custom Short Courses that you deliver. This is where you nominate the Core/Elective Units of Competency to be delivered within the Program!
This article will show you how to add a Program using the Lookup VET Programs option.
To use this option you must be a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) who is registered on TGA. This Program only works for recognised qualifications and skillsets. This option can not be used for individual units.
Add a Lookup VET Program
To add a Program, follow these steps:
- Go to Administration → Curriculum → Program.
- Click the [+ New] Button.
- Select Lookup VET Programs and then the Next button.
- Search for an Accredited Qualification or Skill Set by Code or Title.
- Click the Create button next to the qualification you wish to import from TGA.
- Complete the Details window.
- Name - TGA will import this value. This field is used for AVETMISS Reporting purposes; please do not change it. *Required field.
- Code - TGA will import this value. This field is used for AVETMISS Reporting purposes; please do not change it. *Required field.
- Category - You can use this field to Categorise your Programs. These values can be used for filter/reporting purposes later on. You can customise the dropdown options via the Reference Data Table. *Optional field.
- Sub-Category - You can use this field to Sub-Categorise your Programs. These values can be used for filter/reporting purposes later on. You can customise the dropdown options via the Reference Data Table. *Optional field.
- Cost Centre - This field determines where the costs and payments should be applied within the business. You can customise the dropdown options via the Reference Data Table. *Optional field.
- Study Area - You can use this field to apply the area of study. *Optional field.
For example, if it is a Certificate I in Hospitality, you may apply the relevant SIT Training Package as the Study Area.
- Effective From and To Date - These fields are used for TCSI Reporting. Effective From Date references Element 609, and Effective To Date references Element 610.
- Internal Name - Choose to apply an Internal Name to the Program. This value can be used to search, filter and report upon within the system. *Optional field.
- In Scope - This determines whether the Qualification/Skill Set is attached to your Institutions Scope of Delivery on TGA.
- Status - Apply a Status to the Program. You can customise the dropdown options via the Reference Data Table. *Required field.
- Offer Type - Select an Offer Type from the dropdown list. You can customise the dropdown options via the Reference Data Table. *Optional field.
- Owner - This field lets you search for an existing system user who can then be applied as an Owner. Typically, the Owner is the individual responsible for the Program's management.
- Course Image - Add a Program Image. *Optional field.
- Complete the Settings window.
- Enabled - If checked, the Program will be an available option when adding a new Course. Should you wish to archive this Program, uncheck this box.
- Activity/Leisure - This helps identify the Program/s that are not academic but run for the benefit of students or the community.
- Brand - Choose a previously added Brand to apply to the Program.
- Close Course Manually- The field determines when a Course is closed and no longer active. Please consider the pros and cons before choosing whether to check or uncheck this field.
- Checked - If checked, this means an administrator must manually conclude the course. The advantage to this is that an administrator is able to conduct a final check to ensure all student Enrolment Records are concluded and certificates issued.
- Unchecked - If unchecked, this means that the course will automatically conclude when the end date is reached. The disadvantage to this option is that should your student Enrolment Records not be up to date before the End Date, their records will need to be reactivated before an update can be made.
- Complete the Outcomes window.
Whether you are using Units or Units of Study/Subjects will affect where and which Outcomes model you apply. We recommend applying National Reporting (Australia) to the Unit Outcome dropdown if you are using Units.
- Click, Next.
- Complete the Compliance Settings and Field of Education windows.
The Compliance Settings and Field of Education windows pre-populates most of the data for Accredited/TGA-approved Programs. It is recommended you cross-check this data when creating new Programs.
The Effective From and To Date fields are used for TCSI Reporting purposes. If you are not required to submit TCSI Reporting, we recommend leaving these values blank.
- Complete the Units window.
The Units window will, by default, display all In Scope Units. Ensure you check the required Core and Elective Units before continuing.
Should you need to add a Unit that does not exist in TGA against that specific qualification, use the Add Another Unit search field. If this Unit is not listed against your TGA Scope, you may need to uncheck the In-Scope Only box before searching.
- Click, Next.
- Complete the Delivery Details window.
Per the TGA Packaging Rules, add the number of required Electives that need to be included during a students enrolment into a course.
- Complete the Academics window.
Check those Academics who are qualified to deliver this qualification. Should you wish to apply a Coordinator, Academic or Assessor to a Course, you must first add them here.
- Click, Create.
You have now added a New Program using the Lookup VET Program option.