Once your Moodle2021 details have been established, the integration will need to be globally enabled and configured within JR Plus to function.
Required: Moodle2021 System Settings
There are a range of settings within the Moodle environment that require configuration in order to integrate with JR Plus – please ensure these are configured before attempting the steps detailed here.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Entering Moodle2021 Integration Information
- System Settings
- Test Connection
Enabling the Moodle Plugin within JR Plus
- Under the Administration heading, select Preferences:
- On the left-hand side, expand the Integration item and select Integrated Systems. This will open the Integrations Page, displaying any existing Integrated services/systems:
- Click the [+] New button to start the process to implement a new integration:
- The page that appears will display a range of Integrations available to set up, with search items and filters – such as the ability to view only LMS options. Locate the Moodle2021 item that appears like so:
- Press the Connect button will open a new page to enter your Moodle2021 Integration Information.
Entering Moodle2021 Integration Information
This page is comprised of four different sections that are used to drive communication with the Moodle LMS, and how users are to be resulted in JR Plus based on their Moodle results.
The first section targets your specific Moodle System Details:
The fields in this section require:
- System: Will be set as the default 'Moodle 2021'
- Name: A custom name can be provided for this integration
- Moodle URL: The URL used for your Moodle LMS
- e.g https://<YourDetails>.moodlecloud.com/
- Token: The token created in the Moodle site setup
- Enabled: Indicates if this integration is active. When unchecked this will disable the Moodle2021 integration
This section has the following options:
- Course Tag: Select from pre-entered items to apply a Tag to any parties or courses if the integration has been enabled on their entity
- Do not email new Moodle user with password: Disable the sending of emails with credential details if required
- Run outside transaction: If checked the integration will be run from a background job queue, rather than immediately and inside the web or API transaction. This will reduce load times, but means that the external site will not be updated immediately
- Show on integration centre: If checked process information for the API will be visible in the integration centre
This section controls the way that a party records units are graded within JR Plus when pulling results from Moodle.
Each configured option includes:
- Outcome Type: Select the outcome types available within your JR Plus system
- Commenced Outcome: The select 'Commenced outcome' will be applied when the first assignment is completed
- Passed Outcome: The selected 'Passed outcome' will be applied when all assignments are completed.
- Updatable Outcomes: Updatable outcomes control which outcomes can be updated with the configured 'Commenced outcome' or 'Passed outcome' when pulling results from Moodle. Blank outcomes can always be updated
Once you have satisfactorily entered all the necessary information, you can make use of the Test Connection button to perform an integration check:
A screen like the following should display, indicating a successful test:
Any outcome other than this one would suggest that the details entered are incorrect and will need to be reviewed.
When ready, press the Save button to record the integration details:
Next Steps: Course Setup
Now that Moodle2021 has been set up globally you can now add the integration to a course that is being delivered.