In your Student Management System, you have the ability to create Services against students. Services include, but are not limited to, Placements, Homestays, Accommodation or Mentorship. To complement our Services feature, you are also able to create Check-ins to allow your team to monitor the progress of the Service. In this article, we will discuss how to create a Check-in Template to apply to your student Services.
How to Add a Check-in Template
- You can navigate to your system's Check-in Templates from Services → Check-in Templates
- This page will list any Check-in Templates that have already been created in your system. To add a new template, click on the "New" button in the top left-hand corner of the page.
- Doing so, will open the Check-in Template settings, seen below.
- Name - This is the Name that you are assigning to the Check-in Template. It should be relevant to what you are intending to use the template for.
- Type - This is the Type of Check-in that this template will be used for. The available options must first be configured in your Reference Data before setting up a new template. Some examples of Type could be face-to-face, online, train visit etc.
- Assignee - When selecting this template for use in the future, the Assignee is who will be required to action the Check-in. You can select the Assignee from any of the users who are set up in your system.
- Schedule Period - This is how many days after/before the Trigger event, you are wanting the Check-in to occur. This value will be ignored if the Mode "on the trigger event" is selected.
- Schedule Period Type - This is where you select what unit of time you are wanting to use for the template, in conjunction with the Schedule Period. Currently, you can only select "Days".
- Schedule Mode - The Mode dictates whether you are wanting the Check-in to occur before, on or after the Trigger event.
- Schedule Trigger - This is the Trigger event, which tells the system when it should be scheduling the Check-in to occur. The available Triggers include Placement Created Date, Placement End Date and Placement Start Date (where the term "Placement" refers to the Service).
- Recurring Flag - This flag determines whether the Check-in should be recurring, or if it is just a once-off occurrence. Setting it to "Yes" will then make "Count", "Increment" and "Until" available for configuration.
- Count - This works the same as Schedule Period, in that you input how many days you are wanting the Check-in to repeat, until the "Until Event" is reached.
- Increment - This is the units of time to use in conjunction with the Count, and just like Schedule Period Type, you can only select "Days".
- Until - This is where you select until what "Event" occurs, should the Check-in be repeating. This contains the same three events as the Schedule Trigger: Placement Created Date, Placement End Date and Placement Start Date.
- Form - As a part of the Check-in process, you are also able to link up any Feedback Form in your system, via Form. For example, you might be wanting to link a Feedback Form which asks the student about the quality of the Service that they are undertaking.
- Click on the Save button, once you have configured all of the above settings to meet your requirements.
You have now added a new Check-in Template to your Student Management System.