Smart Fees allow a user to pre-create a fee library for use within their system. When creating these items, you can optionally configure a Smart Fee Type to be used for reporting needs, identifying the Smart Fee item as a Tuition or Resource fee.
To start making new Smart Fee Type Items, Navigate to Administration → Lookups → Reference Data:
Within this area, select Smart Fee Library Item Type from the list:
Click the [+] New button to being adding a new Smart Fee Item Type.
Adding a Smart Fee Item Type
The screen to enter a Smart Fee Item Type includes the following fields:
You will need to complete all Required Fields (*) within the Smart Fees Item Type window.:
- External ID: Select an identifier for this Smart Fee Type.
- Name: Enter a name to easily identify this new Smart Fee Item Type. This will be displayed in other parts of the system when selecting a Smart Fee Type. (required)
- Colour: Select a colour to be used to distinguish this item.
- Description: Optionally a description can be entered to explain the use of this Smart Fee Item Type.
- Reporting Type: Specify how you wish this type of fee to be reported for government capture. If you do not want this type of fee to be reported, then do not set a value.
- Manual Invoicing: Having this enabled and selecting this type for smart fee will allow the user to select that smart fee item when creating an incidental fee when creating an Invoice
- Enabled: The Enabled checkbox can be used to archive this Smart Fee Item Type if it is no longer to be used.
Press Save to create this Smart Fee Type for use.
Next Steps: Adding a Smart Fee
Once your Smart Fee Type have been established, you can then use it when configuring a new Smart Fee within JR Plus.