At times a fee amount may need to be reduced to a recognised discounted amount - this can be easily monitored and configured via a Discount Code item, created and managed for use elsewhere in the system.
To add a Discount Code, Navigate to Administration → Lookups → Reference Data:
Within this area, select Discount Code from the list:
Click the [+] New button to being adding a new Discount Code.
Adding a Discount Code
The screen to enter a Discount Code includes the following fields:
You will need to complete all Required Fields (*) within the Discount Code window.:
- External ID: Select an identifier for this Discount Code.
- Code: Enter a code to easily identify this new Discount Code. This will be displayed in other parts of the system when selecting a Discount Code item. (required)
- Value: Enter the value for this Discount - either as a standard amount, or a percentage. (required)
- Description: Optionally a description can be entered to explain the use of this Discount Code .
- Limit: Set a limit for the number of times this code could be used.
- Start Date / End Date: Indicates that this item is considered approved, and marks the Discount as ready for use.
- Enabled: The Enabled checkbox can be used to archive this Discount Code if it is no longer to be used.
Press Save to create this Discount Code for use.