Xero is a robust, easy-to-use global cloud-based accounting software. Integrate it with your Student Management System to simplify and streamline your financial needs!
Required: Xero 2.0 System Settings
There are a range of settings within Xero that require configuration in order to integrate with your SMS – please ensure these are configured before attempting the steps detailed here.
The setup for Xero follows a similar procedure as other integrated third party systems.
- Navigate to Administration → Configuration → Preferences:
- From here, navigate to Integration → Integrated Systems from the left hand menu.
- Click the [+] New button to start the process to implement a new integration:
- The page that appears will display a range of Integrations available to set up, with search items and filters – such as the ability to view only LMS options. Locate the Xero item that appears like so:
- Press the Connect button will open a new window to enter your Xero payment gateway Information.
Entering Xero Integration Information
This page is comprised of essential fields that are used to drive communication with Xero, you will need to have all required information for these fields before proceeding.
This section is titled Integration Settings:
Details required in this area include:
- System: Will be set as the default 'Xero'
- Name: A customer name can be provided for this integration
- System URL: The URL used for your student management system instance
OAuth Consumer Key: Retrieved from your Xero system to authorise the Student Management System to
OAuth Consumer Secret: As above.
Return Payments from Xero: Enabling this feature will return payments made in Xero as part of an overnight process. Payments will be created against the original invoices within your SMS, reconciling the account.
Manual Export: Enabling this will display an option on Invoices and Credit Notes for pushing updates manually.
Xero Reference: Provides a link to developer information detailing API needs.
Enabled: Indicates if this integration is active. When unchecked this will disable the Xero integration
Authentication Method: Allows you to select what authentication is to be used.
With this information entered and saved, proceed to Authorise the integration using the available option: