Entering your RTO details is a crucial step in establishing a Student Management System. In this article, we will go over each of the fields and what needs to be entered.
Finding the Places to Enter Your Details
The details for your RTO can be entered under Administration → Configuration → Preferences.
The vital fields that you need to enter information for will be under the Provider Details heading.
It is recommended that you have your RTO party profile setup with the correct details.
Entering Provider Details
Some of the information entered here is reported in your AVETMISS extracts. Please ensure that all information entered is accurate.
To enter the details for your RTO, click on the Edit button.
- Name: The RTO’s company name, this is pulled from the Trading Name field on your RTO party profile.
- Address: The full address of your RTO’s main building, this is pulled from the address on your RTO party profile.
- Training Provider Code: Enter your unique Training Provider code into this field
- Queensland RTO Code: If your RTO is situated in Queensland, you can enter your RTO code into this field instead of the Training Provider Code field.
- Location Identifier: The specific location of a your training provider, this can be useful if you operate multiple RTOs.
- Training Provider Name: The name of your RTO, you can enter it here if it is different from the Trading Name of your company.
- Type: The type of RTO that your company is (Enterprise, TAFE, University, etc).
- Ownership Type: Sets whether your RTO is Public or Private.
- CRICOS Provider ID: If you are a CRICOS provider, you can enter your CRICOS Provider ID in this field. You need to enter a value in this field to gain access to CRICOS functionality in your system.
- ELICOS: If you offer English language learning courses, you can check this box to enable specific functionality in your system (such as the Hours Per Week field in the course page and Attendance % row in the Attendance standard report).
- Estimated Casual Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) reference year to: Estimated hours for your casual staff. This is only relevant if you use TCSI reporting and can be left blank in most cases.