Catapult enables RTOs to rapidly deploy online training through a feature-rich Learning Management System.
There are a range of details for the Catapult environment that are required in order to integrate with your SMS system – please ensure these are retrieved before attempting the steps detailed here. You may need to contact your Catapult Hosting Provider or Specialist to retrieve your Catapult Endpoint URL, Consumer Key, Consumer Secret and Catapult API Key for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Enabling the Catapult Plugin within your system
- Entering Catapult Integration Information
- Enabling Course Integration
- Noteworthy Details & Troubleshooting
Enabling the Catapult Plugin within your system
- Under the Administration heading, select Preferences:
- On the left-hand side, expand the Integration item and select Integrated Systems. This will open the Integrations Page, displaying any existing Integrated services/systems:
- Click the [+] New button to start the process to implement a new integration:
- The page that appears will display a range of Integrations available to set up, with search items and filters – such as the ability to view only LMS options. Locate the Catapult item that appears like so:
- Press the Connect button will open a new page to enter your Catapult Integration Information.
Entering Catapult Integration Information
This page is comprised of unique fields that are used to drive communication with the Catapult LMS, and how users are to be resulted within your system based on their Catapult results.
This area requires your specific Catapult System Details:
The fields in this section require:
- System: Will be set as the default 'Catapult'
- Name: A custom name can be provided for this integration
- System URL: The Endpoint URLused for your Catapult LMS platform
- e.g https://<YourCatapultDetails>.elearninglogin.com/dashboard/ (EXAMPLE ONLY)
- Username: Also known as a Catapult Consumer Key, this is your log in credential for your Catapult environment
- Password: Similar to the above, this is the Catapult Consumer Secret for your Catapult Environment
- API Key: Enter the Catapult Consumer Secret into this field. This means the API Key and Password fields will both contain the same value.
- Enabled: Indicates if this integration is active. When unchecked this will disable the Catapult LMS integration
- Initial Unit Limit: Indicates the amount of units that are initially made available for new student enrolments
Enabling Course Integration
The final step is enabling the Integration for the Courses that are to push enrolments to Catapult.
Navigate to a Course Record within your system, then on the left-menu, go to Admin > Integrations.
You’ll be presented with a series of integrations that are currently configured for courses within your system – click on the Settings button for Catapult:
This will display the settings of Catapult LMS for your course:
Ensure the following options are toggled ON:
- Allow Export
- Allow Import
An option also exists to control which students are to be exported.
Press the Save option to complete the integration set up.
Note: You will need to repeat this process against each course within your system to integrate the items with Catapult.
Noteworthy Details & Troubleshooting
- When you are entering your Catapult Integration Information, the initial unit limitdetermines the number of units that should be opened in Catapult.
- For the integration to work successfully in creating the student in Catapult, the units should be allocated an Order Number at the program level. This is to ensure that the first unit opened is a unit that exists in Catapult.
- If the units are not ordered by Order Number, then units are opened alphabetically (A-Z) by Unit Code.
Warning: If the first unit within your Course does not exist in Catapult, then the creation of the student in Catapult will fail.