Web Content is a powerful feature within your system that allows you to manage and display course information on external platforms through the use of the API. This feature serves as a central repository of accurate and up-to-date course information, ensuring that the data displayed on various websites remains consistent and reliable. In this article, we'll walk you through the key aspects of the Web Content feature and how to make the most of its capabilities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Enabling Web Content
- Creating Web Content
- Program Details
- Upcoming Courses
- Information Session
- Custom Content
This feature is intended to be used in conjunction with the API. API access is an additional charge to your subscription, please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Enabling Web Content
Before you can start using the Web Content feature, there are a couple of settings that need to be enabled:
- TAFE Enhancements Feature Flag: To enable this flag, please contact ReadyTech Support or your Customer Success Manager.
- Program Web Content Setting: This setting can be enabled by accessing Administration → Configuration → Preferences under the Preferences / Settings heading.
Creating Web Content
To create new Web Content item, follow these steps:
Navigate to Communications → Web Content.
Click on the "+ New" button to open the Web Content creation modal.
When creating a new Web Content item, you'll need to provide the following Program Details:
- Name: This is the internal name for the Web Content item and is a mandatory field.
- Program: Select the specific Program that the content is associated with. This is also a mandatory field.
- Program Code: This field will be automatically filled based on the selected Program.
- Cost Centre: Assign a Cost Center for the Web Content. Cost Centers can be configured in Administration → Lookups → Reference Data.
- Brand: Choose the brand associated with the Web Content. Brands can be configured in Administration → Configuration → Branding.
- Publishing Category: Specify the Publishing Category for the Web Content. These categories can be configured in Administration → Lookups → Reference Data.
- Status: Set the current status of the Web Content. It can be one of the following:
- Enabled: Determine whether the Web Content is enabled or not.
This section allows you to create a catalogued item for an upcoming course or link to an existing course in the system. Fill in the following details:
- Course: Select the course associated with the Web Content. The available options are determined by the chosen Program.
- Location: Location for the course. This will be automatically populated based on the selected course.
- Delivery Mode: Delivery Mode for the course. This field will be automatically filled based on the selected course.
- Entry Point: Field where you can enter a start date for the upcoming course, this field accepts free text to allow for more flexibility.
- Exit Point: Field where you can enter an end date for the upcoming course, this field accepts free text to allow for more flexibility.
- Enrolment Type: Choose the types of enrolments for the course. These options can be configured in Administration → Lookups → Reference Data.
- Course Intake: This field pulls the academic period name if the course uses them.
- Study Days: Displays the study days for the course.
Use this section to link time and date information to your course item. Fill in the following details:
- Date: The date of the information session.
- Location: Select the location from which the information session will be held.
- Room: Specify the room where the information session takes place.
- Start Time: Set the start time of the information session.
- End Time: Specify the end time of the information session.
- Description: Add a text description for the information session.
This section provides a standard name and description field combination. While you can format the content within the site, please note that formatting might vary when pulled via the API.
Multiple instances of Custom Content can be added to a single Web Content item. This section is often used to provide additional information about a course, such as prerequisites, an overview of the course, or specific locations.
You are now ready to use Web Content, refer to the API documentation for more information on how to pull Web Content data to your website.