Groups are a useful feature that allow you to organise and interact with students by placing them into groups. In this article, we will go over how to get started with creating and managing groups.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Accessing Groups
- Creating a New Group
- Additional Group Information
- Adding a Member to a Group
- Adding a Service to a Member of a Group
Navigate to Community → Groups to access the Groups feature.
This will take you to a page that lists all of your existing groups.
You can filter the list by clicking on the Filters button and selecting the filters that suit your needs.
Creating a New Group
To create a new group, click on the + New button.
Fill in the following details:
- Name: Provide a name for the group (mandatory).
- Status: Define the current status for the group (configurable in Administration → Lookups → Reference Data).
- ID: This field will be automatically populated with an alphanumeric value once the group is created.
- Start Date: Specify the date when the group will begin (mandatory).
- Type: Choose the type of the group (configurable in Administration → Lookups → Reference Data).
- End Date: Set the date when the group will conclude (mandatory).
- Location: Specify the group's location.
- Expected End Date: Enter the expected end date for the group.
- State/Region: Define the state or region where the group is located.
- Expected Members: Indicate the number of members expected in the group.
- Country: Specify the country where the group is based.
- Max Members: Set the maximum allowable number of members for the group.
- Rating: Assign a rating from one to five stars.
- Min Members: Specify the minimum number of members required in the group.
That will cover most of the essential details for the group.
Additional Group Information
You can select an Agent for the group by clicking on the dropdown menu and selecting the Agent from the list.
You can also select a Coordinator for the group by selecting them from the dropdown menu next to the Agent one.
If an Organisation is managing the group, you can select the specific company and contact for that Organisation.
Use the "P" button to flag a contact as the primary contact for the Organisation (an Organisation can only have one primary contact).
Click the Plus button to add another organisation contact if necessary.
In the Other Organisation section, you can add another organisation for the group if it is required.
You can link a Transport Provider service to the group, if desired.
Enter a brief description of the group in the Description box, this can be anything as long as it describes the group.
In the Planning section, you can enter accommodation information for the group.
Add items under the Planning section to represent specific services, including Name, Start Date, End Date, Rooms, and Location. Use checkboxes to flag these planning items.
In the Admin section, you can configure additional settings for the group, such as the Service Type and set Tags for the group. There are checkboxes and an option for Internal Reference that can be defined as needed.
Adding a Member to a Group
To add members to a group, go to the main page for the group and click on Members on the left side of the screen.
On this page, you'll see students already part of the group.
Click on the Add Members button to add new members.
In the Search and Select field, search for students by their name and select the student from the dropdown menu to add them to the group.
The selected student is now part of the group.
Adding a Service to a Member of a Group
To add a service to a member of a group, go to the Member List for the group.
Next to each student in the group, there are two buttons:
The Plus button allows you to add a service to the student while the Trash Bin icon will remove the student from the group.
Click on the Plus button to add a service to the student.
This will take you to the page to create a Demand for a service.
Enter the service details and click Next when finished.
If there are any payment options available for the group, you can handle them at this stage.
Click Save to create the Demand and link it to the member's record in the group.