AVETMISS stands for the Australian Vocational Education and Training Management Information Statistical Standard. It is a national data standard that ensures consistent and accurate capture and reporting of Vocational Education and Training (VET) information about students.
Plus provides the facility to generate AVETMISS (NAT Files) for both a State Reporting Body and the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER), across currently supported AVETMISS standards.
Generate National AVETMISS Files
To generate a set of National AVETMISS Files, follow these steps:
- Click on the Administration → Funding → AVETMISS Reporting.
- Complete the Options window.
Please Note - If you are reporting the Current Activity Year you do not need to make any changes to the default values provided in the AVETMISS Extract window.
 State/Region - This is most commonly left as 'All States/Regions' but you do have the option to select the States for which you are submitting files.
 Date Type - It is recommended that you set the Date Type as 'Activity Year'.
 Activity Year - Set the Year for which you are submitting files.
 Contract - To generate AVETMISS files to report to NCVER, leave these fields unchecked.
 Include Enrolments without a Contract - Leave checked.
 Enrolment Filter - If you need to filter the AVETMISS files with specific students, you can enter their Party IDs or Enrolment IDs into this field.
- Click Next.
- To ensure that there are no errors in your exports, we recommend you Check for Warnings. This will help reduce the risk of Submission Errors.
Please Note - This Warning Checks feature has been designed to bring your attention to what errors could arise in your submission to the department. It is used to check your data and internally confirm whether the data is valid or whether it might require adjustment. Some of the warnings that appear may not require amendment. The final source of truth will come from your submission to the department.
- Once the system has completed its checks, it will display all relevant warnings that could lead to submission errors. From here, you can use the 'Edit' icon on the right-hand side to update each record or download all warnings as a CSV.
- Once you have updated all of the list records, click Check Again to ensure that nothing has been missed. Once you are satisfied with the results of the warnings check, click Next.
- A summary window will then be shown for your export. Once satisfied, click Export.
- Once complete, you can then click on the reports hyperlink to download the Zip File containing the relevant NAT Files.
You have now generated a set of National AVETMISS Files