This article contains all information and resources required for Session 4 of the Onboarding Education training series. In this session, you will expand upon the knowledge you built in Session 3 to creating courses in preparation for student enrolments. The concept of events is also covered in detail.
A PDF of the slides from this session is available to download:
Figure 1. Session placement in workflow.
Viewing/managing existing courses
Enrolment demonstration (manual)
- Introduction - 00:00
- Training Overview - 01:05
- Courses Overview - 02:48
- Course Creation - 07:02
- Viewing/Managing Existing Courses - 11:38
- Course Duplication - 13:37
- Events Overview - 16:30
- Creating Events for an Individual Party - 24:18
- Creating Events on a Course - 28:30
- Creating Event Series - 31:48
- Manual Enrolments Overview - 36:10
- Manual Enrolment Demonstration - 38:50
- Summary - 46:19
- Action Items - 46:56
Completing This Session
If you wish to complete this session, you can:
Register for a free upcoming webinar
Book a paid one-one-one session [not yet available]
To complete this session, you will require the following resources. Please be mindful that the majority of sessions are more valuable if you have completed the previous sessions in the workflow (see figure 1).
|1||Access to the SMS, including URL, username and password|
|2||Site setup completed, including: |
|3||Curriculum management setup including: |
|Prerequisite Knowledge and Understanding|
|4||A basic understanding of system navigation|
Session Outcomes/Action Items
Following the session, we recommend you complete the following action items. This will assist in enabling you to set up your Student Management System correctly, as well as prepare you for the next and future training sessions.
Add all your courses into your system
Create an individual party event
Create the events associated with the courses (be mindful of single vs event series)
The following resources provide additional support and information relating to this session.
- Why can't I see the Course I want to add when looking at the list that shows which Programs I can create a Course from?
It's likely that you haven't set up the Program for the Course you want. Go back and watch Session 3 to make sure you have set up the Program (and enabled it) first.
- Why can I not see or add the units I want during Course creation?
It's likely that you have not set up your units correctly when you created the Program. Go back and watch Session 3 to make sure you have done this step (creating units) within the Program step.
- We don't really want to mark attendance, or have an external system that does this. Do I still need to put Events in for all my Courses?
No, Events is an optional feature. You can use them your organisation requires, but the system will function without them.