A new Enrolment Preference has been added to make the Funding Source State field mandatory on enrolments. Funding Source State may be a required field when reporting to a State Training Authority.
The new Mandate Funding Source State setting can be set at three levels:
- System-wide: Administration menu > Configuration > Preferences > Enrolment > Mandate Funding Source State
- Program level: Administration menu > Curriculum > Program > (Select Program) > Enrolment Preferences > Mandate Funding Source State
- Course level: Courses menu > Course List > (Select Course) > Admin > Enrolment Preferences > Mandate Funding Source State
When the Mandate Funding Source State enrolment preference is enabled and the field is blank on an enrolment, the following message will be displayed.
- AVETMISS NAT130 file – New logic for the Program Status Identifier field
In the AVETMISS NAT130 file for Victorian enrolments, when the Program Status Identifier has a value that is unrelated to completions (i.e. 25, 30, 40, 41, 42, 50, 70 or 85), the Date Program Completed field will now be blank and the Issued Flag will now be set to N.
- AVETMISS NAT130 file – New validation for the Specialisation Name field
In the AVETMISS NAT130 file for Victorian enrolments, a new AVETMISS Warning has been added when the Program Status Identifier field is set to Streamed Program (80) but the Specialisation field is null (found under Enrolment > Course Details > Specialisation).
The AVETMISS Warning is: AVETMISS - VIC - The Program Status Indicator is set to Streamed Program but no Specialisation has been set for the enrolment.
- Reference Data Updates
Two changes have been made to reference data:
- The Commencing Program Cohort Identifier code AU - Automotive Supply Chain Worker has been disabled for 2024.
- A new Fee Exemption Status value has been added: S - Fee Waiver for student training in a Free TAFE Short Course. This is disabled by default but can be enabled in Compliance Data if you need to use it.
Updates to support the Victorian 2024 changes to the Commencing Program Cohort Identifier field are in progress and will be communicated soon.
TCSI Changes for 2024
A range of changes are being made to the SMS to ensure compliance with Tertiary Collection of Student Information (TCSI) Data Collections for 2024.
- Validation for Maximum Student Contribution Code 0
New validation has been added to prevent the use of Maximum Student Contribution Code 0 for HE units of study with a census date in 2024 or later.
- Reference Data Updates
Two changes have been made to reference data:
- A new Course of Study Type value has been added: Code 51 - STARTUP-HELP courses approved under the Startup Year program.
- A new Student Status value has been added: Code 290 (Type 2 Higher Education), Students undertaking an approved Startup Year program course.
Additional updates to support TCSI 2024 reporting changes are in progress and will be communicated soon.
New AVETMISS Alerts for misalignment of Apprentice/Trainee Contract Start Dates and Unit Start Dates
A new AVETMISS alert has been added for misaligned dates between the Apprentice/Trainee Contract Start Date and Unit Start Dates.
For Victorian enrolments, when a Unit’s start date is set earlier than the Contract Start Date for the active apprenticeship/traineeship on the enrolment, alerts will appear in the following areas:
- On the Units page, the alert icon will appear on the far right of the unit grid, as per the AVETMISS alerts functionality delivered in October.
- On the Enrolments > Trainee/Apprentice page, a message will also appear above the Contract Start Date field when dates are misaligned.
Display Improvements to Upcoming Deferrals page
The Upcoming Deferrals page can be used by student administration users to manage upcoming census dates for VSL students and 'lock' the planned deferral amount prior to the census date.
Display improvements have been made to the Upcoming Deferrals page. The page will no longer display enrolments where the learner is ineligible for VSL. Enrolments that do not have an Active status will also not be displayed.
Duplicate Core units can now be removed from an Enrolment
We have now introduced the ability to remove from an enrolment any duplicate Units or duplicate Subjects/Units of Study. This improvement is intended to be used when duplicate units have been added by mistake. The system will enforce that one copy of the Core unit/subject remains, and the system will also only allow units/subjects to be removed if they do not have an Outcome recorded.
To remove a duplicate Core unit, go to the Enrolment Units page and click Edit, a new Delete button is now available for each enrolled unit, which can be used to delete that unit. Elective units can now also be removed on this page.
To remove a duplicate Core subject/unit of study, go to the Units of Study/Subjects section of the edit Electives page for an enrolment.
If the Allow re-enrolment into Units/Subjects enrolment preference is turned on, the Units of Study/Subjects section of the Edit Electives page for an enrolment now:
- Shows the Type (core/elective) of each unit of study/subject in the Available list
- Shows the existing Score/Outcome for each unit of study/subject in the Selected list
- Allows multiple of the same unit of study to be added to the enrolment
- Allows duplicate core units of study/subjects to be removed from the enrolment
- Does not allow removal of a unit of study/subject that has an outcome
- Does not allow the last instance of a core unit of study/subject to be removed
Course Enrolment preference “Allow re-enrolment into Units/Subjects”
The course enrolment preference Allow re-enrolment into Units has been renamed to Allow re-enrolment into Units/Subjects. This preference now controls whether Units and Subjects/Units of Study can be duplicated for an enrolment. If it is unticked, then enrolments can only have one copy of each subject/unit of study. When this preference is unticked, the enrolment Electives page has been simplified so that only Elective subjects/units of study can be selected as electives.
When the course enrolment preference Allow re-enrolment into Units is ticked, the enrolment Electives page will allow duplicate Core and Elective subjects/units of study to be added.
Cost Centre and Location added to Invoice Line Items when configuring an Invoice
We’ve added two new fields to an invoice line item when creating or managing an Invoice record:
- Cost Centre
These attributes will now allow you to track which finance accounts a line item is assigned to.
New Payment Screen
The New Payment Screen has been updated to provide a clearer layout of the invoices to be paid.
The screen will also support the creation of Deposits by selecting it from the Type.
The screen will now also display the total credits on the account.
The User API has been updated to include a new endpoint to allow client systems to remove user roles. This will assist clients who use an integrated solution to change or remove user roles in JR Plus.
30624 – An issue with not showing a green USI Exempted status when the party has a USI exemption code of INTOFF or INDIV has been fixed.
30922 – A fix has been applied to the Report Builder in the Company Portal to ensure reports only show data available in the Company Portal.
26592 – We have fixed an error you could get when clicking the Timetable breadcrumb link at the top of the Course Application > Timetable page.
28144 – We have fixed the NZ NQF Claims Report so that the Course filter works correctly.
29999 – We have fixed an issue with the eCAF Manager page where the cog icon was not appearing correctly for some records.
30837 – We have fixed an issue with the Report Builder where an error could occur when using the Claim:status field.
30506 – We have increased the size of database fields used in the Transfer Enrolment process to work on enrolments with larger sets of data.
28214 – We have resolved an issue when changing viewable columns in Enrolments > Grade > Units page where columns could become misaligned when toggling the columns viewed.
29765 – We have fixed an issue that could occur when submitting a Course Form if the settings for that Course Form previously had Enable Payments option checked and subsequently unchecked.
26719 – We have fixed the API documentation for the Payments endpoint to make ensure it has the correct parameters documented for invoice-number and amount.
29759 – We have resolved an issue where an invoice was being generated when enrolments were being created (via an automated method) where a default payment option was not configured against the applied course. This should now result in no invoice being generated.
30616 – We have updated the behaviour on the Party > Unit of Study page so that when recording a Certification or Ratification against a unit these values will be retained, even if no outcome or start/end dates are recorded.
24946 – We've resolved an issue when exporting invoice details via Finance Hub was causing a permission error. Users who do not have permission to export Invoice data will no longer be able to perform this action via the Finance Hub.
30629 – We've resolved an issue with the Save function when completing a Form that resulted in secondary contacts receiving an email to resume completing the course form. This will now go directly to the applicant’s nominated email address instead.