You can set up a custom theme for your system, to give the site a unique look. You can also set up custom branding for different aspects in your system. In this article, we will go over the process of setting up a custom theme/brand.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Images are essential for creating custom themes and brands. One of the main uses for them is to add a logo to your system.
Follow through to this article if you need to know how to add images to your system.
It is highly recommended that you use .png image files, as they work best for web content.
Configuring your Theme
To change the settings for your theme, go to Administration → Configuration → Preferences.
Click on the Edit button and scroll down until you see the Theme heading.
- Header Colour: Sets the colour for the heading banner at the top of the page.
- Layout Colour: Sets the colour for the Subheadings on each page.
- Login Screen Colour: Sets the background colour on the login page.
- Logo: Sets the Logo that is displayed at the top left of the page.
- Login Screen Image: Sets the image displayed at the login screen.
Adding a New Brand
Brands can be applied to various parts of the system (Forms, Courses, Programs, etc). To add a new brand, go to Administration → Configuration → Branding.
Click on the New button.
- Name: Name that you would like to give the brand.
- Description: Description for the brand.
- External ID: Allows you to enter an optional External ID for the brand.
- Logo: The logo used in the branding, the options for these are pulled from the images uploaded to your system.
- Header Colour: Sets the colour of the Header at the top of the page.
- Layout Colour: Sets the colour for the smaller elements on the page.