This article contains all information and resources required for Session 1 of the Onboarding Education training series. In this session, you will be introduced to your Student Management System (SMS) and begin your training journey. The concepts within this session are built upon in subsequent sessions.
A PDF of the slides for this session is available to download:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Topics Covered
- Session Recording
- Session Resources
- Session Outcomes/Action Items
- Additional Resources
- Past Recordings
Figure 1. Session placement in workflow.
- Logging in to the system
- Basic system navigation
- Adding users and assigning roles
- User preferences
- Audit logs and entities
- Adding and managing party profiles
- Managing and maintaining the system
- Introductions - 00:00
- Training Overview - 01:34
- System Overview - 05:44
- Navigation - 12:40
- Users & Preferences - 17:22
- Creating Users and Updating Preferences - 23:35
- Audit Trail - 31:35
- Profiles - 37:43
- Creating Profiles - 39:27
- Getting Help - 47:05
- Lodging Support Tickets and Accessing Articles - 51:58
- Summary & Action Items - 57:54
If you wish to complete this session with an education consultant, you can book a paid one on one session here: [not currently available]
To complete this session, you will require the following resources. Please be mindful that the majority of sessions are more valuable if you have completed the previous sessions in the workflow (see figure 1).
|1||Access to the Student Management System, including URL, username and password|
|Prerequisite Knowledge and Understanding|
Session Outcomes/Action Items
Following the session, we recommend you complete the following action items. This will assist in enabling you to set up your Student Management System correctly, as well as prepare you for the next and future training sessions.
Assign all new users to the system (and assign them roles)
Add all staff to the system
Spend some time navigating around your system and searching
Add any companies required
Review the tags in your system and add any you require
Bookmark the knowledge base for future use https://help-education.readytech.io/support/home
The following resources provide additional support and information relating to this session.
- Logging In/Accessing The System
- Process: Add a User
- Process: Creating a New Party Profile
- Process: Adding a Staff Profile
- Tags Overview
- Process: Add a Company
- Knowledge Base Access
- Monday.com User Guide
- I don't know all my staff now, can I add them later?
Yes, you can add staff as you're made aware of them. However, to do some of the following sessions, you'll need at least one staff member in your system.
- What if I don't know any of my trainers, will I still be able to complete the following sessions?
We recommend you add a "Trainer TBA" staff profile. This dummy profile can be used later if you're unsure of which staff to use for different purposes. e.g. if you're making a program, you will be required to assign a staff member. You can assign it to Trainer TBA if you are unsure of which staff member to assign at this point. Trainer TBA can be replaced at a later point when you have a staff member for the program.
- We don't know which companies we'll be using yet, can I skip this step for now and do it later?
Yes, you can do this step later when you have this information.
- My student management system looks different to yours, what's going on?
We have customised our branding/theme for our system. We'll teach you how to do this during Session 2.
- How do I get more licenses for different kinds of users?
Please reach out to your customer success manager who can provide you with a quote for additional licenses.
- Are the accounts we create for the SMS the same as those create for the Support Portal https://help-education.readytech.io/support/home
No. The support portal is where you can reach out to support for and requires you to create an account that you can use to access the knowledge base and access tickets for support. https://help-education.readytech.io/support/home https://help-education.readytech.io/support/solutions/articles/51000302058-knowledge-base-access
- I am getting a collection of warnings (AVETMISS) for a party profile that I have created which is only an Admin/Trainer/Agent
The warnings are default, so you will get them for all profile types. If you were going to report this party, you would need to look at fixing them. However, if you are not reporting you can ignore them as they are not applicable.