This article contains all information and resources required for Session 2 of the Onboarding Education training series. In this session, you will begin to configure many aspects of your system to enable successful day-to-day running of your SMS.
A PDF of the slides for this session is available to download:
Figure 1. Session placement in workflow.
- RTO details
- USI setup
- Certificate management
- Email configuration & SSO
- Funding contracts
- Numbering schemes
- Outcome preferences
- Introduction - 00:00
- Training Overview - 01:40
- RTO & USI Details - 03:28
- Certificate Management - 11:18
- Editing RTO Details - 13:07
- Updating Certificate Rules - 18:23
- Q: How can we check a USI is working in the system? - 21:19
- Q: How can we add a primary contact to an RTO? - 22:55
- Email Configuration - 24:42
- SSO Configuration - 25:55
- Additional Site Setup - 26:36
- Adding Locations - 32:03
- Entering Funding Contracts - 37:23
- Updating Numbering Schemes - 38:43
- Updating Outcome Types - 40:28
- Branding/Theme - 43:41
- Editing Your Theme and Branding - 48:47
- Summary - 53:44
Completing This Session
If you wish to complete this session, you can:
Register for a free upcoming webinar
Book a paid one-one-one session [not yet available]
To complete this session, you will require the following resources. Please be mindful that the majority of sessions are more valuable if you have completed the previous sessions in the workflow (see figure 1).
|1||Access to the SMS, including URL, username and password|
|2||RTO details, including:|
The details you will need to enter are the same as you have listed on http://training.gov.au/
|3||Logo for business in JPEG or PNG format|
|Prerequisite Knowledge and Understanding|
|5||A basic understanding of system navigation|
Session Outcomes/Action Items
Following the session, we recommend you complete the following action items. This will assist in enabling you to set up your Student Management System correctly, as well as prepare you for the next and future training sessions.
- Update the RTO organisation details and enter RTO ID
- Add all the RTO's locations
- Setup SSO (optional)
- Configure email settings
- Add any funding contracts in the system (if required)
- Update the branding/theme
The following resources provide additional support and information relating to this session.
- How can I tell if an individual student USI has been verified?
This process will be covered in detail in the Student Life Cycle session - but the answer is, it is done within the individual student party record (Community > List All > select party > Profile > Details > edit - scroll to bottom, look for USI section)
- My organisation requires some additional certificates, who should I contact about this?
Your Onboarding Consultant can assist you with this during the onboarding process. Post-onboarding, please speak to your Customer Success Manager.
- We have multiple different logos/brands that we use within our SMS, is there a way that we can set both up?
Yes, this is where you would use the "Branding" feature. The following article can help you set custom themes/brands https://help-education.readytech.io/support/solutions/articles/51000311664-process-setting-up-your-site-theme-branding